Monday 13 August 2007

Taize! Taize! Taize!

It was with great reluctance and a rebellious heart I went to church this evening. When Duncan told me that it was to be a Taize service , I thought 'Oh no! I am not going!'
As soon as I sat down in the large circle and looked at people's faces, I became aware of God's presence.
The music, singing, Scripture readings and prayers brought the peace that only comes from God. The low communion table situated in the centre of the the circle and the way Duncan reclined at the side of the table, reminding us that that was the way Jesus shared the last supper with His disciples must have impacted the whole congregation. The whole setting made partaking of the Lord's supper a meaningful experience.
AFTER THE SERVICE, I HAD TO ASK A NUMBER OF PEOPLE FOR FORGIVENESS!
As for God, well, He is full of surprises. He is true to His Word and can melt a rebellious heart.
I am glad I went to church this evening and thank you to all involved .
Doda

No comments: