Monday 2 November 2009

MUSICAL BLESSINGS

In my first couple of years at Hilton Church, the singing was predominatly organ led. I've nothing against organs as such, but I don't see them as being the best/ only musical instrument for leading worship in our culture.I can remember going to a couple of alpha training courses, and being so amazed and uplifted by the worship led by a variety of different musical instruments. I was very concious at the time of the gap between these experiences and the reality at Hilton Church. Over the past couple of weeks, I have been really aware of the blessing that we have in terms of musicians and worship leaders. There is nolonger a gap between my previous experiences and the reality in Hilton today. All my hopes have been exceeded in terms of music. We even have a couple of our worship leaders who are writing new songs. Last week, Murray introduced an outstanding new song which he had written based on Philippians 1. Yesterday, part of our morning service was led by a Junior Praise group who were excellent. This post is by way of thanksgiving to God for such a rich blessing and to all the musicians who share their gifts within the congregation.

1 comment:

Brian. said...

I have a much greater dislike of church music, played on the organ, than our minister has.

Organs, for me, simply drowns out all singing and blasts the lugs off most worshippers! My apologies to organ lovers who may read these comments.

We are very fortunate indeed in Hilton Church to have so many talented musicians in the congregation and they truly do make worship a real pleasure.

Brian Gunn.