Sunday 27 November 2011

advent

I think we all feel as if Advent has arrived early this year. It doesn't feel like a year has past since the last one. After two very demanding advent seasons in terms of activity and creativity, we are having a much simpler time this year. Along with the lectionary, we are simply re-telling some of the advent accounts with the help of Cloth for the Cradle. Angela and Angus retold the story of Mary and Gabriel today and did it brilliantly.

For the last 3 years we have followed the lectionary readings as part of weekly workship. From today, I am going to use the daily lectionary readings. Over the last 2 years I have used the daily readings in Celtic Daily prayer, and found them exceptionally helpful. For me, they have the great attraction of not being too long.

If you are looking for something inspirational this advent, I would recommend Common Prayer - a liturgy for ordinary radicals. For something on line, I would recommend Advent Synchroblog.

No comments: