Wednesday 6 October 2010

LAUSANNE CAPETOWN 2010

Jamie Grant and I are both heading to Capetown for the Lausanne Conference next week. I don't know about any of the other 5000 participants, but I have found it very difficult to make time to read through all the various papers. I've just spent an hour reading through the programme alone! Chris Wright (above) gives a helpful commentary on the Lausanne Covenant. In his blog he writes about his hopes for Capetown.

Before we go out to the world, we must come back to the Lord
Before we try to change the world, we must change our own hearts and our ways (Jer. 7:3-8)
Before we take the words of the gospel to the world, we must take with us words of confession to God (Hos. 14:1-2).
Before we get off our seats to seek the lost, we must get on our knees to seek the Lord.

I have now managed to read through most of the papers for days 1-3, and work out which ones I am going to focus on. There are some really outstanding papers.

No comments: