Friday 4 April 2008

Christ plays in ten thousand places

This morning I have been preparing a sermon on the baptism of Jesus from Luke 3. I count it a real privilege to be regularly engaged in this process of studying and meditating on the Scriptures in anticiption of sharing as part of the worship at Hilton Church. In the last hour, I have been reading some of Eugene Peterson's thoughts on baptism, and I can't say anything more than that it regularly thrills my soul to have my horizons expanded though his writings. If you are looking for a Christian book which will stretch you and excite you, then let me recommend Christ plays in ten thousand places.
John Drane writes, "Eugene Peterson know how to share Biblical and theological insights in ways that both inform and excite his readers, and in this work he excels even his own high standards."
I couldn't agree more.

No comments: